Saturday, May 9, 2015

My blogging life begins



This past week from May 6th to May 8th I had the pleasure of attending the Wisconsin Mathematics Council's (WMC) annual conference in Green Lake, WI.  While this three-day period of math teacher bliss was wonderful, it was a significant amount of time away from my beautiful family.  I appreciate their sacrifice to allow me to re-energize and re-think my teaching practice.

I had the pleasure of sitting in on a number of very good sessions.  One session, in particular, was a session on how to be a life-long learner in your pajamas!  Great idea!  Well, the presenter inspired me to think about starting my own blog.  Here it is.

I plan to write about my teaching practice as a university professor in mathematics education.  I am already a pretty reflective teacher.  However, I rarely compose my thoughts in a narrative form. I will also think out loud in respect to my new role as a board member for the WMC.  I am honored to have been elected to this position.  I consider it a great responsibility to help shape the vision for mathematics instruction in our wonderful state.  One of the vision points for this upcoming year (as highlighted by the current WMC president) is to start a university student affiliate group.  OUTSTANDING!  I was already blessed to bring eighteen of my math education pre-service teachers with me this year to WMC.  Dare I dream to bring fifty next year?  I would be proud to have my Concordia University Wisconsin students seen as the exemplar for active, involved future educators in mathematics.

Well, there it is - my first blog.

Hopefully, there is more to come within my renewed curiosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment